Wolverhampton is powering on thanks to public and private sector infrastructure and regeneration projects. It’s creating a host of opportunities for investors and developers and making it an exciting time to be part of a thriving city bursting with creativity, a rich history and originality.
Located at the heart of the UK, Wolverhampton offers investors outstanding national and international reach through its superb connectivity to the motorway and rail networks, as well as to Birmingham Airport. This is further boosted by recent £150m investment in a city centre transport interchange, connecting trains, buses and trams in one place and creating an attractive commercial gateway to the city. The roll out of 5G connectivity and full fibre broadband across Wolverhampton also makes it one of the most digital cities in Europe.
Its great location is just one reason why Wolverhampton was chosen as the headquarters for the first government department to be based outside of London – the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities. Global brands including Jaguar Land Rover, Moog, Collins Aerospace and Marston’s also have major operations in the city and the award-winning i54 business park north of the city centre is the most successful enterprise zone in the country.
Wolverhampton is the National Centre for Sustainable Construction with the £17.5m National Brownfield Institute on the University of Wolverhampton’s flagship £120m Springfield Campus working to develop modern methods of construction. Underpinning the city’s ambition to be at the heart of green innovation nationally and create skilled jobs for local people in the emerging green economy.
Wolverhampton has several ready-to-go council and partner-owned sites available for development and is committed to working with investors and developers to bring these exciting propositions to life in a secured and phased manner to help protect your investment. There are fantastic opportunities for new hotel development, high quality urban living schemes, next-generation office developments and leisure-related investments.
- 21,000 students’ study at the University of Wolverhampton, and 90% of UK graduates in further work or study (July 2022)
- 88% of schools with a current Ofsted judgement were rated good or outstanding by inspectors putting the city above the regional average and in line with the national average.
- i54 Business Park is one of the most successful enterprise zones in the country, home to the likes of high-value manufacturers Jaguar Land Rover, MOOG and ERA.
- Ranked as the second cheapest area in England to live near an ‘outstanding’ school (co.uk, July 2022)
- Wolverhampton was named number 1 in the UK’s top 10 most entrepreneurial towns and cities (Superscript, November 2022.)